GWPR Romania, part of the international organisation, “Global Women in PR”, is a network of senior PR women working in-house in agencies, or as freelance consultants. We actively focus on the key issues affecting women working in the public relations industry in Romania today. We are a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting female talent in the Romanian PR industry.
In Romania around 80% of professionals working in PR are women. So the reality is we cannot easily talk about a gender pay gap, as we have few men to compare salaries with…but we most certainly know that at board level PR is not well-represented.
By being part of a global community of senior PR women, GWPR Romania can help promote the evolution that is so needed to change the Romanian PR industry for the better.
What we offer
- Access to a global network of senior PR women offering cross-border support, information on best practice and networking events
- Monthly inspirational events with key international and local speakers
- We share initiatives to help women succeed in reaching senior positions in the industry and help with mentoring the next generation of female PR practitioners
How can you become a member?
GWPR Romania was launched in June 2018 and being a not-for-profit organisation we can only benefit the growth of the industry through membership subscriptions and sponsorship.
Membership is not exclusive to professionals with Romanian nationality; you just need to practice PR in Romania and meet the criteria below.
There are three membership levels you can apply for:
- Senior Member: open to PR female professionals working in PR in Romania and with more than 10 years PR experience
- Member: open to PR female professionals working in PR in Romania with 5-10 years experience
- Affiliate: open to PR female professionals working in PR in Romania with 3-5 years experience
What counts as public relations / communications experience?
Any of the following disciplines count towards your eligibility for Senior Membership or Membership:
- media relations
- public affairs
- PR evaluation and measurement
- event management
- investor relations/financial PR
- internal communications/employee engagement
- corporate social responsibility
- social media-based PR
- PR academics and trainers
- corporate affairs/external relations
- crisis communications
If you are interested in joining GWPR Romania please contact us at email@example.com
Ana-Maria Diceanu (Brain 4 Strategy), Corina Vasile (Raiffeisen Bank), Cristina Hanganu (Lidl), Irina Ionescu (Coca Cola HBC Romania), Oana Mateescu (Ursus Breweries), Cristina Popescu (Danone), Ioana Manoiu (GMP PR), Crenguta Rosu (DC Communication), Irina Roncea (Golin), Lidia Solomon (Honeywell), Anca Ungureanu (UniCredit Bank), Dana Oancea (Forum for International Communications), Gabriela Lungu (WINGS Creative Leadership Lab), Cristina Butunoi (GMP Group)